Why can't a student post to a forum?
If a student can view posts but not himself post, it can be because:
- It is a News forum. By default, a student cannot post to the News forum
- Capability Start new discussion or Reply to post has been removed from role Student (under Permissions).
- The Group mode (in section Common module settings of the forum settings) is set to Separate groups or Visible groups and the student does not belong to any group. Or it set to Visible groups and the student does not belong to the currently selected group
- The forum is of type Each person posts one discussion and the student is attempting to open a second discussion
- The student is blocked by the settings in section Post threshold for blocking of the forum settings