Where do I configure Guest access and Self enrolment?
is the ability of a user who is not a course Participant
, and who does not have any Other role
(either in the course or in a parent category), to access the course.
is the ability of a user who is not already a course Participant
to enrol himself as a Student in the course.
By default, both Guest access
and Self enrolment
are allowed to authenticated users during the first four weeks of the semester.
This can be changed as follows:
- Click on Users under Course Administration
- Click on Enrolment methods
- Click on the edit icon of item Guest access or Self enrolment
- Set Allow guest access... to No to disable it entirely
- Set ..to to The world to allow even unauthenticated users to access the course
- Change ..until to shorten or extend the period of time that it is allowed
- Set a Password to force guests to provide a password
Note: A Guest
in the course e.g. submit to an Assignment or post to a Forum.
- Set Allow new enrolments to No to disable it entirely
- Set Allow existing enrolments to No to throw out all Students who self-enrolled (and are not yet registered through Minhal Talmidim)
- Change the End date to shorten or extend the period of time that it is allowed.
Note: This also sets the date on which students who self-enrolled (and are not yet registered through Minhal Talimidm) are automatically thrown out.
- Set an Enrolment key to force users who wish to enrol to provide a password